Sunday, November 8, 2009

God The Healer


As I reflect on everything I've been through in my life all I can say is Thank You God. I grew up in a home witnessing physical and verbal abuse. Not only that, I've been molested by close family and even friends of the family. I've been betrayed by the closest of friends, and the list goes on.

I believe these experiences have molded me into a introvert who knows how to be an extrovert at the right time.lol If it wasn't for my relationship with God honestly I would be lost. He called me as a teenager. He knew that it was gonna take HIM and Him alone to heal me of the things to come and from my past.

I want to let you know that God is a healer. He can take the most broken heart and heal it. There is nothing that God can't heal. But there is something you must do.
Matthew 11:28-30 says:
If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.
Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.

I encourage you to let go of whatever it is that has scarred you. Don't carry this thing over into 2010. The question isn't can God heal me. The question is will you give HIM your pain. Will you give him your hurt? He will comfort you and he will give you a fresh start. Give him your insecurities and fears that came from the experiences you've been through. He's waiting on you to cast your cares on him. He will give you beauty for ashes. He will give you joy like you've never experienced. NOW is the time to let it go. Give it to Jesus once and for all. God is a HEALER, all you have to do is acknowledge it and walk in it.

Prayer:
God thank you for healing me of every wound that has been created through betrayals, molestation, rape, neglect, abandonment, lies, physical abuse, verbal abuse, and manipulation. God I've carried this thing with me long enough. You said I can cast my cares on you and you will give me rest. God I receive your rest. I receive your healing. I receive your Holy Spirit whom you said would comfort me. Thank you God for keeping me throughout this letting go process. Lord, use ever scar for your glory. Use my misery for my ministry. I pray that many people will be blessed through my victory in you. In Jesus Name, Amen.

1 comment: